- to measure visitor traffic to our website and their usage patterns
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
Online form session cookie
This cookie is created when a user connects to an ASP.NET application and will expire when the user closes their browser. This cookie is essential for use of forms on our site to store the session id of the user’s current session.
Accessibility/ contrast stylesheets
This cookie is used to remember which accessibility/contrast/standard style sheet the user prefers. The website checks this cookie when the page loads up and displays the page using which stylesheet the user last used.
Pensions Council site cookie acceptance
This cookie is created when users accept the cookie agreement.
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You are always free to decline such cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion.
To disable cookies, please see links to the following websites for the procedures to follow to view and disable cookies on your computer:
The Pensions Council will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.